Prescription Error Claims
When we receive a prescription from our doctor and take it to the pharmacist to be dispensed, we trust that we will be given the correct medicine. However, errors can sometimes occur. Our team of medical negligence specialists here at the Medical Negligence Helpdesk have dealt with claims arising from the following:
- The wrong medication being prescribed which is in fact contra-indicated for that particular patient
- The wrong dose being written on the prescription
- The wrong medication or dose being dispensed by the pharmacist
- The wrong tablets being put into the wrong box by the pharmacist
- Medication being prescribed for too long without a review
Depending on the medication and dosages concerned, the effects can range from minor to devastating. If you feel you may have suffered injury as a result of a prescription error, please do not hesitate to contact our team of medical negligence specialists.